Kloovenburg

Carignan 2019

R190.00

Aromas of red berries, fynbos and spice. The palate is medium-bodied with juicy tannins and fresh acidity. Pairs well with richer poultry dishes, roasted pork, chicken and beef brisket.

Categories: ,

All grapes are handpicked during the early morning hours and then cooled overnight in a temperature-controlled room at 5 °C. 80% of these grapes are then lightly crushed and destemmed, whilst the remaining 20% is fermented as a whole cluster. This is followed by a three-day cold soak at 9 °C, covered with a CO₂ blanket. Fermentation takes place in an open fermenter. The wine ferments spontaneously. Extraction is obtained by light punch-downs twice a day. After fermentation is completed, the wine is left on the skins for another seven days and pressed to old oak barrels. Malolactic fermentation is completed in the barrel. The wine is then racked from the lees and given a low dose of Sulphur. The wine spends a total of 14 months in the barrel before it is bottled, unfined and unfiltered.

Reviews

There are no reviews yet.

Be the first to review “Carignan 2019”

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *